Some drugs can deplete vital nutrients.
The following drug is known to cause nutrient depletion:
- Lisinopril (Oral Pill) Tablet
- Do I need it? An essential mineral, zinc is not naturally produced by the body. Beef, pork, lamb, fish, and chicken are excellent sources of zinc, but fruits and vegetables are not.
- What does the nutrient do? Zinc is essential for the immune system to work properly. It also plays a role in cell division, cell growth, and wound healing. Zinc is needed for smell and taste senses as well.
- What are the symptoms with this deficiency? Symptoms include: frequent sickness, decreased appetite, taste and smell disturbances, wounds that are slow to heal, and skin sores.
- Suggested Zinc Dosage: 10-50 mg/day.
If you have any of these symptoms, come talk to us.
Together, we can come up with a nutrition plan that best fits your needs.
We care about your health and wellness.